Serta iComfort Blue 100 Mattress Review
Picking the ideal mattress from thousands of mattress on the market can be quite a headache. They all look promising and offer us a relaxing and heavenly sleep. But, do they align with your sleeping habits and desired levels of comfort? It’s time you find out from our comprehensive guide of mattress reviews and cut short your search. Today, we are covering Serta iComfort Blue 100, a mattress grabbing the attention of many people in the online mattress landscape.
By the start of 2018, Serta revamped their whole collection of the iComfort mattress series. Now the mattresses make up of different layers of memory foam, with each one using innovative technologies for cooling, responsiveness, and firmness. Now, let’s unravel the Serta iComfort Blue 100 all foam mattress and find out what we like and didn’t like about this mattress and touch on a few others things.
Serta iComfort Blue 100 – Materials:
The Serta iComfort Blue 100 is one of the several models to have the upgraded Temp Activ Max Gel memory foam. The mattress comes in at a thickness of 10’’. It is the introductory priced mattress in this series with several other upgrade options. Including the iComfort Blue 300, iComfort Blue 500 and iComfort Blue 1000 from the Serta iComfort all foam series. There is also the Blue Max 3000 Elite and the Blue Max 5000 Elite in the lineup as well. These will offer a few more option with softer layers of foam in them.
Comfort Foam Layers:
- 3/4” TempActiv Max Gel Memory Foam
- 2” EverCool Fuze Memory Foam
- 2” Serta Balanced Support Foam
The TempActiv Max gel memory foam is the newest and top of the line comfort material from Serta iComfort. When you put any part of your body on the mattress, you’ll feel a cooling sensation underneath. The EverCool Fuze Memory Foam is great for pressure relief and even weight distribution. Serta Balanced Support Foam is a new addition to the iComfort series. It can really help provide deep pressure relief for someone who is a heavier person and presses deep into the layers of foam. This allows the core of the mattress to provide the right amount of support for years to come.
- 6″ Serta Ultimate Edge Foam Core
Within the mattress there’s also a 6” Serta Ultimate Edge Foam Core support system which provides a steady build to the mattress. This allows most all sizes of people to sleep on the bed. Having a core coil system is key to the mattresses overall support and longevity.
The model comes with a blue and white TempActiv touch cover which neatly envelopes the outside of the mattress.When you see the quilt design, you’ll see it is very thin and made of stretchable fabric that pops back up when you pick and release it. The cover is important as it contours your body closer to the padding layers.
Get all these amazing materials in your ideally comfortable Serta iComfort Mattress now at Serta.com.
Serta iComfort Blue 100 – Temperature Regulation:
The gel infused memory foams enhance the responsive feel of the mattress. Its unique surface design and structure enables high airflow. Your mattress remains fresh and ensures better breathability.
The mattress has deep reaction memory foam, which makes it firmer. Due to this, you’ll get a good pressure relief mattress which lasts longer and reduces tossing and turning. The only thing Usually, standard memory foams change its comfort depending upon the temperature of the environment. This is not the case with the Serta iComfort Blue 100. It provides consistent levels of comfort as gel-based memory foam dissipates the heat faster.
Serta iComfort Blue 100 – Comfort and Support:
The thick and high-density foam core provides able support, good contouring and motion separation. You won’t feel many sensations if your partner or pet is moving too much on the other side of the mattress. The base of the mattress can be titled up to adjust to your sleep pattern.
If you are a stomach or back sleeper, you’ll love the mattress. Not only does it give you a firm supportive overall comfort but also a contour feeling to the curves of your body. For side sleepers, it is relatively good all though some people can find it to be a little firm. The layer of Serta Balanced Support Foam gives a long lasting feel which you don’t get in most standard memory foam mattresses.
Going from firm to soft, the mattress has a firmness rating of about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Putiting it right in the middle, depending on the size of the person sleeping on it. This means it’s balanced to not be too firm or too soft. Unlike other models that usually favor one side of the spectrum.
Go for the Serta iComfort Blue 100 Gentle Firm if:
- You are looking for the high end materials and comfort in a memory foam mattresses: The different memory foam layers provide a comfortable and responsive feel.
- If you get too sweaty and hot while sleeping: The cooling technology in the foam can work well for a dense memory foam mattress.
- You want to relieve from pain: Many users have found improvement in their neck and back pain after sleeping on the mattress for a while. The mattress helps in relieving pressure.
- You desire firmness and little cushion: – The mattress is a medium feel that will contour to you body but still have ample support where needed.
- If your price range is around $1100: This mattress comes in right at $1099, giving you a good quality bed for an affordable price.
Save on your new Serta iComfort Foam Mattress now at Serta.com.
This might not be the right mattress for me if:
- You want a bouncy feel in the mattress: Try looking at a hybrid mattress if you want your bed to have some bounce . This makes it much easier to move around on the mattress. For hybrid information visit our Best Hybrid Mattresses.
- If you desire a plush feel or a firm feel in your mattress: The mattress is right in the middle. Meaning it won’t be overly firm or overly soft.
- You are a predominant side sleeper: A side sleeper could find this to be slightly firm for your shoulder and hip. Many of the side sleepers prefer a softer foam or hybrid mattress to sleep on.
- If your price range is less than $1000: For a queen the Serta iComfort Blue 100 is $1099. This may be quite a bit more than many people would like to spend on a 10″ all foam mattress. Especially with so much direct competition priced lower. If you’re on a budget visit our Best Mattresses on a Budget page.
Also, remember Our Sleep Guide is here to help and make sure you find the best mattress for you! If you have questions or need more insight during your mattress buying journey, please feel free to contact us.