We all know that the number one function of our mattress is for sleep. But, we also all know that for most of us the second most common use is for sex. And we don’t want okay sleep and okay sex. We want the best mattress for sex and great sleep too. So when we are selecting your new mattress both should be a priority when shopping.
Don’t get me wrong, the vast majority of your time in bed will be for getting rest and not excelling our heart rate. However, for those of us who want to make sure our bed is optimal for dual purposes we have a few things to look for when it comes to the best mattress for great sex.
Don’t Be Shy –
Even for me writing the words sex, hanky panky, getting it on or whatever term you like to use to describe your erotic activity feels a little taboo. Clearly I am married and a Mom of two, so its not like I haven’t had my share of experience.
And lets be honest, it is 2019, not 1947. So there is no need to be shy. This is all in the name of helping everyone find the perfect mattress. Whatever your priorities may be. And if it is making sure that your mattress is solid, sturdy and has just enough bounce for the best sex of your life, than lets find it!
A Mattress For Two –
Before we get into the specifics of what to look for in the best mattress for sex it is good to remember to not be selfish. Not only is it nice to have you’re partners needs in mind with the act itself, but also with their comfort too. A mattress during sex is not to benefit just one person, but both, kind of like sex itself.
If you aren’t both having a good time and good sex, what’s the point other than a selfish orgasm? I think this is one area some other references on the topic overlook. This means that you need to find a good balance in your mattress that accommodates all parties and fits the bill for multiple uses.
7 Best Mattresses For Sex:
Below is a quick list of our recommendations for the top 7 mattresses for sex. After trying several mattresses, we can put our stamp of approval on each one, for sleep as well as sex in bed too. All have quality materials & construction, ideal support and firmness, just enough contouring comfort and a little assistance from some bounce.
Under our list we get into the details of what to look when searching for the best mattress for sex. You will see how many of those key features are found in the mattresses below.
- Avocado Latex Hybrid Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Crystal Cove 2-Sided Hybrid Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Winkbeds Innerspring Coil on Coil Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Helix Luxe Hybrid Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Zenhaven 2-Sided 100% Latex Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
- Oceano Hybrid Mattress | Review & Coupon | BUY HERE!
Just How Firm?
There might be some debate on just how firm your mattress should be. This is not only true when it comes to finding the best mattress for sex, but the best mattress in general. Some guides recommend an extra firm mattress for the dirty deed, but, I honestly can say that a bed that is too firm can have drawbacks. Regardless of whether you like sex on top or on bottom, a firm mattress with out any give can be uncomfortable for any sex positions. And, too soft is also not beneficial, leading to back pain and strains.
Finding a mattress that is firm enough for good support, durability and longevity is best. You don’t want to feel like you are on a stiff board, especially post coitus. So finding a mattress with a solid foundation is going to be the first step. A coil system is going to definitely provide good sturdy support, and even add a little bit of bounce and air flow. So hybrid mattresses and innerspring mattresses are good choices.
No Sag, Please!
The next step is making sure the comfort layers over the top of your base aren’t too saggy or soft too. Even with a coil system if you have 6-8 inches of saggy foam, it won’t be good for sleeping or sex. So make sure the foams aren’t too soft, too thick and have a good density to them. Also, opting for a mattress that has a dual coil system, like the Oceano or Winkbed, is also a optimal for providing firm, yet flexible support ideal for sex on the bed.
Another thing to keep in mind is that sex is a secondary use, so if you buy a mattress solely on the basis of hot sex in bed, you might be missing the mark for its primary job. That being said, if you like a firmer mattress for sex but a slightly softer mattress for sleeping, adding a latex mattress topper or memory foam mattress topper might help you get the best of both worlds.
Add Some Bounce, Add Some Latex –
Now, I am not just referring to a condom, but as a Mom let me just say that may have been a pun, but unless you like a tiny humans waking you up 3-4 times a night, its not a pun to be taken lightly!
Back to the real subject at hand, the best mattress for sex, and why a latex layer, latex hybrid mattress or all latex mattress may be a great choice. Latex is not only responsive, it is also super durable, sleeps cool and won’t let you sink in too deep. All great things for both parties and any sexual position. As well as an awesome sleeping surface too, making it a win-win.
If you’ve never felt the advantages of latex used in a mattress you are missing out. Most people tend to go with the popular memory foam comfort. However, latex for sleeping and sex can be even better.
It is sometimes hard to describe just how latex feels in you haven’t tried it first hand. But, it is a dense foam made from the sap of rubber trees, so it is spongy yet responsive. It is also super durable, so when you lie on it or push into it, it actually pushes back. So you get just a bit of bounce, nothing overly disturbing but actually helpful in working with and responding to your bodies movements, which for sex, is ideal.
It’s Natural –
When it comes to choosing the best mattress for sleep, or the best mattress for sex, there is something to be said about more natural options. When it comes to your health and well being materials that use little or no harmful products or processes can help you sleep better and perform better too.
Most mattresses that feature organic cottons and wool, natural latex and minimal man-made foams have benefits that go beyond your personal health too. Like sleeping cooler, wicking away moisture and acting as a natural fire retardant. They also have better air flow and more breathability. All things that help you stay more comfortable. And if you are more comfortable and able to get better rest, than you are more likely to have extra energy to put towards more fun activities in bed.
Cool As a Cucumber –
Call it a cue from the obvious subject matter, but it is hard not to think of some kind of penis reference while writing about the best mattress for sex. Regardless of where my mind has shifted to the gutter, there is something to be said about a cool mattress during sex. Or at least not one that doesn’t get super hot.
Memory foam mattresses not only make you feel kind of stuck, not ideal for sex. But, on top of that they are also super warm most of the time. Acting like magnets that absorb heat. Now even though you are trying to heat up your love life you don’t want to heat up your mattress. This is again where latex, as well as a coil system, and better yet both, gotcha covered.
The natural aeration of latex makes it one of the few foams that sleep cool. The added bonus of the responsiveness helps you from sinking in or feeling stuck. Making it a natural choice for a cooling mattress that is more temperature neutral.
Coils are also great for not only giving you proper support and durability but also dissipating heat. By allowing ample air flow come into the mattress it also allows any heat retained an outlet too. Making any mattress with coils typically one of the coolest beds than a mattress that features the base foam alternative.
Ample Edge Reinforcement –
Solid edge support can go a long way when it comes to choosing the best mattress for sex. Not only is it going to provide a solid and consistent fully usable mattress on top. But also allows you to experiment with any position that requires the use of the edge too.
There is nothing less sexy than trying to get into an already tricky pose and having the mattress edge give way on you. It can really kill the mood. Or make for an awkward yet hilarious story about how you sprained you wrist.
Edge support can be found in reinforced coils around the perimeter. Many hybrid mattresses provide this extra resistant to create better edges. It can also be added with foam encasement. This option not only helps keep the mattress more solid around the edge, but also all the components confined too. Either option is going to help really make sure your mattress holds up for long term use.
Also, the better quality foams will make a difference too. Not only will they provide a more consistent top layer but long lasting support and comfort too. Latex is the most durable foam, meaning that it is less likely to break down than memory foam or poly foam. This is helpful when it comes to long term edge support.
Otherwise, denser memory foams also are better than lower quality poly foams too. Regardless of where the edge support of the mattresses comes from, the more the better.
It’s All About The Base –
Okay, so your mattress is squeaky? WRONG – it’s not your mattress, it’s your frame, box spring or foundation. Very, very rarely is it the mattress. Justin, as well as myself, have had numerous (literally hundreds) of people come into his store and complain about their mattress making sound and squeaks.
But think about it. Do you really think you mattress made entirely of foam is making the noise? Even if you have a hybrid or coil mattress if you are hearing the springs than there is some kind of defect that should be covered by the warranty. Because mattresses themselves will be the least of your problems if you’re worried about the thin walls of your apartment.
We realize that sometimes when it comes to sex you want a certain level of discrepancy. Well, than make sure whatever platform your mattress is sitting on is solid, stable and well put together, because if it isn’t it doesn’t matter what mattress you have, it will make noise, especially during sex. So, make sure that whatever base your mattress is on isn’t a problem. Especially if discretion is high on your list.
2020 Best Mattress For Sex – Top 7:
Earlier we featured an at a glance list of our choices for the best mattresses for sex. After seeing the importance of certain qualities it might be easier to understand how these mattresses make the cut. Below are a few more details about each mattress so you can see just how each of these beds benefits your sleep as well as your love life.
#1 – Avocado Mattress:
- Best Mattress for Sex and Cooling Mattress
- Latex Hybrid Build – Solid steel coils, dense and responsive Dunlop latex, wool or cotton batting and an organic cotton cover
- 2 Comfort Options – Standard Gentle Firm or upgraded Luxury Plush
- Certified Organic – GREENGUARD Gold Certified, 100% Natural Latex, Organic Cotton & Wool
- USA Made – Proudly made by hand in California
- Free Shipping & Returns, 100 Night Sleep Trial & 25 Year Warranty
- Avocado Mattress Review
#2 – Crystal Cove by Brentwood Home:
- Best Flippable Mattress & Sleep Cool
- Double Sided Mattress – Latex Hybrid & Memory Foam Hybrid Build – Steel coils, Dunlop latex, copper infused memory foam & a vegan cover
- 2 Comfort Options in 1 Bed – Gentle Firm latex side and Plush Medium memory foam side
- Completely Natural – GREENGUARD Gold Certified, 100% Natural Latex & Certified Vegan
- USA Made – Handmade with love in Southern California
- Free Shipping & Returns, 365 Night Sleep Trial & 25 Year Warranty
- Crystal Cove Mattress Review
#3 – Aurora by Brooklyn Bedding
- Best Cooling Mattress
- Hybrid Construction – Infused with TitanCool and Copper Latex Alternative Foams, Memory Foam and Quantum Edge Coil System
- 3 Comfort Options – Soft, Medium & Firm for every size, shape and sleeping preference
- Innovative Materials for an advanced cooling luxury mattress
- USA Made – Handmade in Arizona
- Free Shipping & Returns, 100 Night Sleep Trial & 10 Year Warranty
- Aurora Mattress Review
#4 – Winkbeds
- Best Mattress for Heavy People
- Coil on Coil Hybrid Construction – Euro pillow-top over mini air-springs, several foams and durable 7 zone coil system, featuring extraEDGE support and Lumbar Layer
- 4 Comfort Options – Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer & Plus
- Durable and Solid Materials for years of comfort and support
- USA Made – Made with care in Wisconsin
- Free Shipping & Returns, 100 Night Sleep Trial and Lifetime Warranty
- Winkbed Mattress Review
#5 – Helix Luxe
- Best Mattress for Couples
- Premium Hybrid Construction – Multiple comfort foams paired with zoned wrapped coils and a cooling cover.
- 6 Comfort Options – Sunset, Moonlight, Midnight, Dusk, Twilight & Dawn – ranging from soft to firm
- Customized Comfort and Support for every sleepers needs
- USA Made – Made with love in Illinois
- Free Shipping & Returns, 100 Night Sleep Trial & 15 Year Warranty
- Helix Luxe Mattress Review
#6 – Zenhaven by Saatva
- Best Latex Mattress
- 100% Latex Only Construction – 5 zone Talalay latex comfort layers with latex core covered in organic wool and cotton
- 2-Sided Comfort – Luxury Plush side and Gentle Firm side
- All Natural Materials – Organic wool and organic cotton and 100% natural latex
- USA Made
- Free Concierge Delivery, Returns & Removal, 120 Night Sleep Trial & 20 Year Warranty
- Zenhaven Mattress Review
#7 – Oceano by Brentwood Home
- Best Hybrid Mattress
- Coil on Coil Hybrid Construction – Memory Foam, Mini Coils, Air Lux Foam & Zoned Support Coils & TENCEL Cover
- Universal Comfort – Medium Plush, ideal for all sleepers
- Eco-Friendly Process and Non-Toxic Materials for healthy and long lasting sleep
- USA Made – Handmade in Southern California
- Free Shipping & Returns, 365 Night Sleep Trial & 25 Year Warranty
- Oceano Mattress Review
The Right Angle – Best Pillow For Sex:
I actually think that a mattress isn’t the only bedding essential that can help you achieve your end goal while getting it on. One of the best accessories you can add is a wedge pillow. The just firm enough inclined positioning can really elevate certain positions. Not only does it help make things more comfortable, it really helps give you and your partner that perfect angle.
I personally like a wedge pillow with just a slight inclined, not too muvh. The Zuma by Brentwood Home is just that. As well as affordable, ideally dense and comes in 3 height preferences. Personally I prefer the 7″ option, but it is nice to have a few choices.
Brentwood Home also offers a a Gel Memory Foam option call the Pfeiffer, that is a great choice too. This one also comes in 3 height options, with the thinnest being 8″ thick. The memory foam layer not only adds a inch, but also a little more contour and is a little slower responding.
And, if you like a wedge pillow that has some bounce with latex, than they even have the Pismo Latex wedge pillow too. This one also offers the dense foam for solid support but with an added layer of latex. It not only adds a little more response, but also stays cool beneath you. Like the other options it also comes in three height variances, with 8″ being the thinnest.
All of these foam wedge pillow options, as well as a few others, can be found at BrentwoodHome.com.
Keep It Clean –
There is nothing worse than staining your mattress, especially when it is preventable. By simply putting a mattress protector over the bed, and under your sheets, rest assured that your mattress won’t be stained with any embarrassing bodily fluids. When it comes to sex between the lube, the whipped cream and lord knows what else you don’t have to worry about your mattress becoming the canvas of your tawdry deeds.
In this instance I don’t have any specific recommendations other than just get a mattress protector. Cheap. Expensive. Waterproof. Cooling. I don’t care, just cover the mattress. You’ll thank me later.
You can find several mattress protectors we have reviewed right HERE!
Cool & Comfortable – The Best Sheets For Sex:
More Coming Soon!