Please note, we are proudly supported by our readers. The product links are referral based and if you purchase an item we make a small commission. For more information please see our disclosure page.
The newest mattress protector by Avocado is different from any other we have come across before. Not only is it waterproof, it is also organic! Made with the thinnest layer of polyurethane that is surrounded by breathable organic cotton. Making the Avocado Organic Mattress Protector a breathable, comfortable, and totally waterproof mattress protector that feels soft and luxurious.
Now you can have the best of both worlds, organic and natural materials mixed with leak free protection. Making this bed protecting pad a win-win. Keep reading to get all of the details on this new waterproof mattress protector from Avocado.
The Organic Waterproof Mattress Protector from Avocado is made out of 95% Organic Cotton. The other 5% is an internal coating of polyurethane, this is what provides the waterproof aspect of this mattress protector.
We love the soft natural cotton in this mattress protector. It is not only soft to the touch, but it is also breathable and moisture wicking. Which helps keep sweat, accidents, or spills away from the body and keep you sleeping cool and dry.
Not only are these materials ideal for protecting your mattress investment, but they are also asthma and allergy friendly. Meaning that this protector not only protects your mattress from accidents but also helps protect you from allergens and asthma inducing particles.
This is the most protective cover from Avocado yet. Though the original Avocado quilted mattress protector is a fan favorite, it lacks when it comes to 100% protecting your bed. The newest Avocado mattress protector is a waterproof. The water protective coating covers the entire top surface of the mattress. Although, unlike other mattress protectors, it does not wrap around completely. Which means that if you have a large spill that spills over the side of your mattress, it may soak into the sides of the bed.
The Avocado Waterproof Mattress Protector also protects your mattress from so much more. Dust, dander, pet fur, dust mites, and all those other pesky allergy inducing particles won’t be able to get into your mattress with this protector. When it comes to creating a great day to day barrier from minor accidents and sweat, skin cells and the typical day to day sleeping, you are more than protected.
The great thing about this waterproof protector is that it is on the thinner side. Which means you get the benefits of a mattress protector without having a thicker pad that may change the feel of your mattress.
The polyurethane coating is very thin and covered by cotton on both sides. This accomplishes two things, the first is that the protector will only have a soft to the touch feel. Meaning that the closest material to your skin is organic cotton. The second benefit is that it also pretty much eliminates any crunchy sounds that typically occur with other waterproof mattress protectors.
An added bonus is that we also found that this mattress protector stayed rather cool. Especially when compared to other mattress protectors that are on the thicker side. This is likely do to the naturally breathable cotton covering and thinner feel.
This is great value for this mattress protector. The other mattress protector the Avocado Mattress Pad Protector is minimally protector and focuses more on plush comfort. That protector is more expensive and is not waterproof. With your purchase price you will get free shipping and a 100-Night Trial Period and a 1-Year Warranty! So we would definitely say that this mattress protector is worth the price.
The care instructions for this mattress protector couldn’t be much easier than this. Avocado says to simply wash your mattress protector.(they suggest using eco-conscious laundry detergent)
Do not use bleach. Then you have the choice to either tumble dry your sheets on low heat or hang dry. Either way your sheets will fit to your mattress just right.
The Avocado Waterproof Mattress Protector fits mattresses from 6″ – 16″ deep. So as long as your mattress meets those specifications you will be able to fit your mattress protector onto your mattress.
This is a wonderful mattress protector that does a great job at balancing organic cotton comfort and waterproof protection. These two things don’t often go together, and yet if anyone can do it, Avocado can and did. Their oh so soft certified organic cotton makes allows this mattress protector to be soft and breathable. They managed to make a waterproof mattress protector that is not crunchy in feel or sound. This is a great buy, we love that the price is right one point with the value you’re getting. Click the link below to check out our latest coupons.