Layla is well loved for their comfortable memory foam products. From their flippable memory foam mattress with a firm and soft side, to the plush Kapok Pillow which features shredded memory foam and kapok fibers. Now Layla has come out with another pillow that their customers are sure to love, the Layla Memory Foam Pillow. Stick around to see what we thought out it and whether or not it’s the right pillow for you.
Layla Memory Foam Pillow At A Glance:
- Size Options: Queen or King
- Trial Period: 120-Night
- Warranty: 5-Year
- Shredded Memory Foam
- Breathable Polyester Cover
- CertiPur-US® Certified
- Works Best For: Back Sleepers and Side Sleepers (Can be adjusted to work for Stomach Sleepers)
- Latest Pricing Found Here!
You May Also Enjoy Reading: Layla Kapok Pillow Review
Materials & Design:
The Layla Memory Foam Pillow is with, you may have guessed it, memory foam! Although this isn’t your old stiff block of foam. Oh no, the Layla pillow is filled with 70% shredded open cells memory foam. The other 30% of the fill is made out of polyester fibers. Polyester fill is very light, responsive, and creates plenty of airflow throughout the pillow.
Since it is open cell and shredded this pillow stays much cooler than if it was a large chunk of material. You can also mold this pillow to suit your needs. After molding your pillow into the shape, you desire it will stay in that shape throughout the night. Allowing the pillow to give your head and neck the support you need without falling flat. Meanwhile the Polyester Fill helps to keep with pillow light and not too dense which gives it a plush not too firm feel.
The cover Layla’s Memory Foam Pillow features the same hexagon pattern the rest of their products have. The inner pouch is made out of 100% polyester, while the top cover is made out of a polyester backed gel infused memory foam. Which means those little quilted hexagons on the cover are filled with extra cooling gel memory foam.
Is The Layla Memory FoamPillow Comfortable?
One of the best features of the Layla Memory Foam Pillow is that it has an adjustable feel. Simply unzip the cover and remove some of the polyester and memory foam fill in order to lower the loft size of the pillow. If you are a stomach sleeper or a back sleeper who prefers a lower profile pillow, then this is going to be wonderful for you.
This makes it quick and easy to adjust the comfort of your pillow. If you are a side sleeper, then you will enjoy the loft side of this pillow. It is not as high as the Kaypok Pillow from Layla, however it still has loads of loft and support. With shredded memory foam you will not need to be concerned about your pillow falling flat. It is a moldable, yet supportive pillow.
If you wanted to, you could throw the entire Layla Memory Foam pillow into the washer and dryer. However, Layla mentions that it would take a number of drying cycles to ensure the pillow is fully dry inside and out. (If it is not bone dry on the inside it could cause bacteria or mold to grow within your pillow.) Which is why Layla has made it easier to wash the cover of the pillow on it’s own.
To do this, simply unzip the outermost cover and pull the inner pillow out. They have a polyester inner lining that will hold all of the filling together. Then simply wash the cover in a cold cycle and tumble dry on low heat. This should be more than enough to keep your pillow clean even if you have a spill every now and then.
Layla Memory Foam Pillow Value:
Layla has a long 120 day-trial period that says the guarantee 100% of your money back. They also offer a 5-year warranty of their Memory Foam Pillow which covers defects in materials or workmanship. You don’t often see these kinds of warranties or trial periods for pillows.
As far as the overall value of this pillow, it comes in at a lower price than the Layla Kapok Pillow. Which is also a very comfortable pillow with a similar design. However, the Kapok pillow is made out of more natural ecofriendly materials than the Memory Foam pillow. We still believe this is a great value for a shredded memory foam pillow.
Layla Memory Foam Pillow Review – Overall:
This is a great pillow that is going to be comfortable for a lot of people. It has a medium loft which will work for most sleeping positions, although it is adjustable which means you can take away some of the filling if you prefer a low loft height for back sleepers or stomach sleepers. This is a great pillow that is sure to please the masses.
Our only note is that if you sleep particularly hot and you’re looking for an ice cold pillow, this is not the pillow you’re looking for. Even though it is much cooler than a block of foam would be, it is still going to remain a bit on the warmer side as it is still made with memory foam.